Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Chaotic fun!

I love Thanksgiving. It is the official start to the holiday season. I love the cooler weather and the sweaters and fireplaces that come with it. I love the hustle and bustle all around as the frenzied shopping starts. But I especially love being with family.

This Thanksgiving we spent in Kaysville, Utah with Mike's family. I love being there with them. It is always a little hard to leave. The week was filled with fun, noise, messes and calories. It was awesome!

We also had a little Christmas party to exchange gifts with those who we would not see on Christmas day. It was a great time of games, more food, and, of course, presents. It was so neat to watch each of my children open gifts, and to watch their reactions. It tells a lot about their personalities.

Emma opened a Christmas gift and discovered a Taylor Swift cd. I knew she would be thrilled. Anything new to listen and sing to is "cool". She also recieved some birthday presents. A CTR bracelet is her favorite because she is getting baptized this year, and she believes it the most beautiful and righteous gift ever. She also got a book about a girl named Emma and Webkinz. Emma loves to read and can read anything you put in front of her.

Abigail opened her present and discovered a new barbie doll. Dr. Barbie to be exact. She is the perfect age for barbies. That is all she is asking Santa for this year, and although I think she has way too many, the grin on her face every time a new one adds to her collection, tells me that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Rebecca got the 5 little monkeys board game. Now this is appropriate on a couple levels. First, she is just like me; she loves to play games. Infact, it's almost all she talks about doing. Second, she is our little monkey. She can climb on anything, And I do mean anythin, and she likes to hang by her fingers off anything that it is possible to hang off of. She also knows the entire nursery rhyme of the 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, and recites it complete with character voices.


Garrett recieved some pirate bath toys, which he didn't seem to notice, but will love sometime soon. He was absolutely enthralled by a nativity set though.


Thanksgiving is the time to remember blessings. This last year has been full of them, but I am most thankful for my family. My children inspire me to be better and try harder. They love me unconditionally, (thank goodness) and I am so thankful to be their mother.
I am also thankful for the perfect husband. Not only is he the most handsome man on the planet, but he is a hard worker who always knows how to make us happy. I love you Mike!
This year, like every year, I am thankful for all the times I laughed in the past 12 months. The memories we make every day are all that really matters in the end Just keep laughing!

3 comments:

jen said...

We had a blast too. We love to hang out with you guys! I think I gained about 5 pounds from all the junk we ate . . . but that's what it's all about good food and fun with family! I love the pictures you put on here.

Tricia said...

yahhhhhhhhhh whoooooooo your blogging!

Loved seeing your wee ones! I cant beleive how they've grown!

love you and I'll check back often!

cindy W said...

You have such a positive attitude!!! good for you