Monday, August 10, 2009

Catchup and a big birthday!

Sorry about the long wait for another entry. The last couple of months have been crazy. The end of June was big because Mike was offered a really great job in southern California, which we accepted. There was a whirlwind of activity as we got ready for this and travelled there to look for a house to rent starting in August. That did not happen though. The kids and I are now living alone in Utah for the rest of 2009. Circumstances beyond our control have forced our hand in this, so I am a married, single mother of 4 until the new year when we will join Mike in California. Mike does make the extraordinary effort to be home on the weekends, so that is what we we look forward to all week long.













This is our trip to look for places to live.




It doesn't look like a very productive trip, but we sure had fun!










The fourth of July was so much fun. Every year we spend it downtown St. George to the park where there is all kinds of booths set up and stuff to do. Then we go to my parents house for swimming and bbq and a small birthday celebration for my sister, dad and I who all share the 5th with Garrett now. Then we head back to the park for a country concert and fireworks. It is a blast and I love being with family.

























Garrett turned 1 on July 5th! It was a great day with lots of fun, presents and of course cake. For each of my children's first birthdays, I always do some kind of spectacular cake. Atleast I think they are pretty special. Being that this was my first boy cake, I was really excited. I planned 2 months in advance and it turned out really wonderful. I was so proud of myself, and it must have tasted okay, because Garrett ate the whole thing by himself. Well, except for what ended up on the floor.

















I love you Garrett! You are my best buddy and playmate. How can you be one already? I couldn't share my birthday with anyone better!

5 comments:

Tyson and Carrie said...

looks like so much fun! It was good seeing you guys again and we can not wait for you to move closer. :) Let me know what we can do.

Tricia said...

awesome cake!!!

So sorry to hear your a single mom for the rest of the year.... but you do what you gotta do right? Nice that Mike makes such a great effort to come home on the weekends!

I love you kids all dressed matching on July 4th.... You and I are still so similar (I'm just your plus size version ha) man do I miss you!!!!!
But I have to ask...where are your Canada day outfits???? Remember You can take the girl outta Canada but you cant take the Canada outta the girl!

love you!

cindy W said...

LOVE the bday cake pictures! cute kids!!!!
It was so fun to see you...I really wish you luck being a single mom and looking for a place to live and everything...keep in touch!!!

Our Loved-up Family said...

That birthday cake was pretty amazing! What is it with July 5th in your family, does your mum feel left out, at least she has the same birthday and me and Kara (Dan's eldest). Sorry that you are a single mom, of four!! But we are looking forward to a road trip to see you all in CA;)

Darcy said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big they are. So, you're moving back to LA? Where? How exciting!!! Sucks you have to be alone for so long. I can't imagine. You're a wonderful mother, you'll be fine. Good luck.