Tuesday, March 30, 2010

St. George opened a temporary ice rink this year which closes next week due to warm weather, so we figured we should enjoy once before then.

Everyone did great.  Rebecca was nervous at first, but soon discovered raw talent and now swears that she will be professional someday. 

I was most impresses with Abigail.  She had absolutely no fear and went for it immediately.  By the time we were done, she was soaked from all the falls, but she never held onto the wall or the buckets they provide for stability.  Way to go Abby! 
Garrett also enjoyed himself to a certain point.  He liked racing around the rink holding dad's hand or settled in between his feet, but he hated wearing the skates.  Of course, they were 4 sizes too big! 

Emma was a little more reserved.  I guess we finally found something that she won't excel at.  That's okay Emma.  You can't be perfect at everything!  


All in all, we had a wonderful time enjoying our last bout of winter before shorts weather.  Which we wore the very next day by the way.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

That's so fun! Your kids are so cute skating around! The last time I went ice-skating was before I even met Jeff. I should take my kids sometime. I bet they'd love it!

Tyson and Carrie said...

Looks like so much fun! ITs good that you stop and do things even when you are so busy!