Christmas Eve was spent in the kitchen for me as I prepared a big feast. Later that day my in-laws came and spent the holiday with us. Dinner was wonderful (if I do say so myself) with ham and scalloped potatoes and rolls. I went a little crazy on dessert, cause it's my favorite. I made pie, bread pudding and gingerbread cake. It was a hit, so I succeeded. After dinner we decided to go to Thoroughbred Lane in Alta Loma California. It is this street where everyone decorates their houses to the ninth degree. We parked and walked. It was something different for Christmas Eve, but it was really nice. The kids were in awe the entire time, and we were able to purchase hot chocolate with whipped cream, which only made it better.
When we got home the kids put on their Nativity show, which they had been preparing for a couple days. They even had a set with a stable and a manger. Emma played Mary and Garrett was Joseph. Rebecca was the angel and Abigail was our only shepherd. Mike was the donkey, again, and we enlisted Mike's father to play the innkeeper and the wise men. Mike's mom was

the narrator and I was the official photographer. It turned out really cute, and the children had fun. I don't know how spiritual it was, but hopefully they got something of the true meaning of Christmas out of it.
Then we did our traditional gift opening of new jammies and tree ornaments and went to bed. Rebecca was especially thrilled to be in charge of Santa's plate of goodies. She did it just perfect too, don't you think? 
Christmas morning dawned bright and sunny here in California, and we even slept in til 7:30!
They got everything they had been hoping for, and I had a blast. I love that feeling of watching the joys on their faces and being together.

The city of La Verne has this cool tradition where the local fire department comes around with their sirens blaring and gives something to all the kids. Santa comes with them in a sleigh. We ahd heard about it, so it was neat to see what it was all about. Garrett thought the sirens were especially awesome!


I hope your Christmases were as wonderful as ours.


I hope your Christmases were as wonderful as ours.

.jpg)
1 comment:
Looks like everyone had a good Christmas. It was good to see your girls on Skype Christmas day! We will have to make that a tradition! Next year you all need to be in there.
Post a Comment