Last week was our spring break so we packed up our family and headed to California. We took a different and longer way to get there than normal, but it was so beautiful and fun. We saw places in California we had never seen. It was cool and foggy in Orange county which was a bummer, because the gitls had packed there swimsuits for a fun day at the beach. We headed to the beach on the Saturday and the girls played in the sand and dipped their toes in the frigid water, but I could tell they were disappointed. Mike decided to make them happy and improve their spirits by taking them on a whale watching boat. It was an inspired idea. All the kids had a blast, including Garrett and Mike and I. We saw several grey whales and huge brown pelicans. We also saw seals and sea lions. But the ultimate moment was when we joined a huge herd of 500+ dolphins. They were jumping and swimming right by the baot and we could not get enough. I wish we had taken some good pictures, but even Mike and I were so caught up, that we forgot until it was almost oveer. Hence the one pathetic picture of dolphins. It was something the kids will never forget, and so worth the extra expense. Memories are for the making. You have to grab those special moments when you can. I am so glad we did this.

4 comments:
Very cute picture! It was so good seeing you guys! Hopefully we will see more of you guys soon!
Carrie
That sounded so fun. I love how happy and smiley Garrett is in this picture:)
Fun! I bet my kids would love whale watching. Maybe I'll have to brave sea-sickness & take them sometime.
what fun!!! I love the pic of your 4 kids...it's so cute of all of them!!!!
Post a Comment